Pictured Above: New Suffolk, Wednesday night
• Showers are likely today, mostly later in the day, with a high temperature near 73 degrees and a south wind around 14 miles per hour. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with showers tapering off and a low around 59. Skies will clear on Friday, with a high near 75. Saturday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 77.
• The George Floyd protests continue to expand and grow, with marches planned in Hampton Bays and Shelter Island on Sunday. Here are more details.
• The Southold Town Board has retained an independent investigator to launch an inquiry into a retirement party thrown May 29 for a town police officer in violation of social distancing guidelines, and into why the department did not respond to numerous complaints by the public about the party. Read the town’s statement.
• The Riverhead Town Board is slated to discuss an update on the town’s master plan, the town’s police department report and leaf pickup at its 10 a.m. work session this morning. Here’s the agenda, and here’s the link to watch the meeting.
• William Taylor, Hampton Observatory’s NASA Ambassador, will lead an Accabonac Protection Committee virtual trip through the summer night sky via Zoom on Monday, June 15 at 7 p.m. Here are more details.
• Guild Hall in East Hampton is celebrating James Joyce’s Bloomsday next Tuesday, June 16 with a virtual reading of Joyce’s “A Short Night’s Odyssey from No to Yes.” More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:40 a.m., 3:18 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:48 a.m., 2:26 p.m.
Greenport: 3:17 a.m., 3:55 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:08 a.m., 4:43 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:12 a.m., 3:50 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:39 a.m., 5:17 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:46 a.m., 5:24 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:52 a.m., 2:32 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:01 a.m., 12:41 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:35 a.m., 4:16 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:43 a.m., 3:24 p.m.
Greenport: 4:12 a.m., 4:53 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:02 a.m., 5:36 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:07 a.m., 4:48 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:34 a.m., 6:15 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:41 a.m., 6:22 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:41 a.m., 3:21 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:50 a.m., 1:30 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.