• Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 72 degrees and a southeast wind 6 to 10 miles per hour. Tonight will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 55.There’s a 30 percent chance of afternoon rain Friday, but otherwise it will be cloudy, with a high near 67 degrees. Saturday will be cloudy, with a high near 74 degrees and a 40 percent chance of rain.
• We’re proud to present the first installment of local food expert Linda Slezak’s food column, “Eat Local,” about sustainable East End fish. You can read her column, and get a great recipe from Almond Chef Jason Weiner, online here.
• Bruce Colbath wrote us this month about the East Hampton GOP’s recent interest in rejecting renewable energy. You can read his letter online here, and please take the time to write us and share your own views at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss a correction of fire protection contracts for Bay Point and Noyac, the town’s draft 2016 annual financial statement and procedures regarding a zone change proposed for 85 North Phillips Ave. in Speonk. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss Suffolk County’s septic improvement program, East End train schedules and Riverview Lofts at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The East Hampton Library’s Tom Twomey Lecture Series continues tonight with a Real Estate Round Table at 6 p.m. More details are online here. [Free]
• The East Hampton Town Board will hold public hearings on a low-nitrogen septic system rebate program and on adding information about New York State’s new Transportation Network Companies (such as Uber & Lyft) to the town code at their 6:30 p.m. meeting this evening. Their full agenda is online here.
• Progressive East End Reformers, a local branch of former presidential candidate Bernie Sanders’ Progressive Action Network, will hold a general meeting this evening, June 15 at 6:30 p.m. in the community room of Bridgehampton National Bank’s headquarters on Montauk Highway in Bridgehampton. All are welcome to attend.
• Hulling Night at the Mattituck Lions Club’s 63rd Annual Strawberry Festival is tonight, June 15. Get all the details on the weekend’s festivities online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:24 a.m., 3:12 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:32 a.m., 2:20 p.m.
Greenport: 3:01 a.m., 3:49 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:45 a.m., 4:22 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:56 a.m., 3:44 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:23 a.m., 5:11 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:30 a.m., 5:18 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:06 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:11 a.m., 4 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:19 a.m., 3:08 p.m.
Greenport: 3:48 a.m., 4:37 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:35 a.m., 5:11 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:43 a.m., 4:32 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:10 a.m., 5:59 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:17 a.m., 6:06 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:12 a.m., 12:54 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.