• We’re expecting areas of drizzle this morning, with showers this afternoon, but otherwise it will be cloudy, with a high near 68 degrees and a southeast wind around 10 miles per hour. overnight will be cloudy with a low around 64 and a 60 percent chance of showers. Saturday will be cloudy, with a high near 77 degrees and a 30 percent chance of light rain. Sunday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 83 and a chance of showers.
• The owners of one of Riverhead’s oldest shopping centers are going full steam ahead on plans to repurpose the shopping center with a new cineplex and restaurants, as they work with Regal Cinemas on a lease for the anchor store in the shopping center. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• Two years after Democratic candidates for Riverhead Town Board took press on a walking tour of the troubles facing downtown Riverhead, this year’s candidates said little had changed as they took the press on a new walking tour Tuesday morning. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• Renewable Energy Long Island Executive Director Gordian Raacke will discuss “Transforming Long Island’s Energy System” at the North Fork Environmental Council’s monthly Speaker Series tonight at 6:30 p.m. at the Jamesport Meeting House. More details are online here.
• Darren Ottati will lead a quintet of tenors, baritones and basses in a Father’s Day Weekend series of concerts to benefit Center Stage at the the Southampton Cultural Center. Performances will be tonight and tomorrow at 7:30 pm. and Sunday at 2:30 p.m. More details are online here. [$45-$55]
• The East Marion Community Association will hear a presentation on East Marion’s influence on local artists and receive an update on traffic at Lavender by the Sea at their 10 a.m. meeting tomorrow, Saturday, June 17 at 10 a.m. at the East Marion Firehouse. More details are online here.
• There’s plenty to do on the East End this weekend, and in the weeks ahead. Stay in the know by checking in with our Events Calendar.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are online here:
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:11 a.m., 4 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:19 a.m., 3:08 p.m.
Greenport: 3:48 a.m., 4:37 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:35 a.m., 5:11 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:43 a.m., 4:32 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:10 a.m., 5:59 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:17 a.m., 6:06 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:12 a.m., 12:54 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:04 a.m., 4:52 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3:12 a.m., 4 p.m.
Greenport: 4:41 a.m., 5:29 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:29 a.m., 6:03 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:36 a.m., 5:24 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:03 a.m., 6:51 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:10 a.m., 6:58 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:04 a.m., 1:44 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.