• We’re expecting skies to clear throughout the day today, with a high temperature near 77 degrees and a south breeze 5 to 7 miles per hour. We’re expecting mostly cloudy skies overnight, with a low around 62 and patchy fog after midnight. There’s a 20 percent chance of afternoon showers Friday, with partly sunny skies and a high near 79. Saturday will be partly sunny, with a high near 78.
• According to the local League of Women Voters: Due to the pandemic, there will be far fewer polling places for in-person voting in the Democratic primary on Tuesday, June 23.You should be receiving a letter from the Suffolk County Board of Elections about where to vote. However, you can also go to voterlookup.elections.ny.gov and plug in your information, and it will tell you where to vote. We are awaiting more information from the Suffolk County Board of Elections. Early voting is also underway in Suffolk if you haven’t voted using an absentee ballot.
• While most East End school districts saw their budgets pass by wide margins in the first-ever all-mail balloting for school budget votes, Riverhead’s budget had failed by the time all votes were counted Wednesday afternoon. Here are the full results.
• As businesses throughout the East End make dramatic changes to their operations for coronavirus safety reasons, Southold Town will be shutting down the Love Lane shopping district in Mattituck to vehicles on weekends through October. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• Southampton will be the site of a Juneteenth celebration tomorrow, June 19, on the anniversary of the date the end of slavery was announced in Texas. The free event, which will begin at Agawam Park at 10 a.m., includes food, speakers and information.
• The North Fork Community Theatre’s Gala Auction has been extended through this Sunday, June 21. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:46 a.m., 9:01 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:54 a.m., 8:09 p.m.
Greenport: 9:23 a.m., 9:38 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:16 a.m., 10:24 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:18 a.m., 9:33 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:45 a.m., 11 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:52 a.m., 11:07 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:45 a.m., 8:02 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:54 a.m., 6:11 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:28 a.m., 9:40 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:36 a.m., 8:48 p.m.
Greenport: 10:05 a.m., 10:17 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11 a.m., 11:06 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10 a.m., 10:12 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:27 a.m., 11:39 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:34 a.m., 11:46 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:31 a.m., 8:42 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:40 a.m., 6:51 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.