• We’re expecting patchy fog before 10 a.m. today, but otherwise it will be partly sunny, with a high near 77 degrees and a south wind 14 to 18 miles per hour. But tonight, things are bound to get interesting. We’re expecting severe thunderstorms overnight, with damaging, gusty winds and heavy rain. The low will be around 69 degrees. Skies will clear Tuesday, with a high near 82. Wednesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 81.
• For the past 10 years, members of the East End Voter Coalition have held a party in Riverside’s Ludlum Park in mid-June to celebrate Juneteenth, also known as Juneteenth Independence Day, a commemoration of the day in 1865 (June 19) that slaves in Texas were freed, and a general celebration of emancipation throughout the south. Read about this year’s celebration online here.
• If you’ve been wondering what Luminati Aerospace is working on at the former Grumman plant in Calverton, this past Friday might have been your one chance to see their work in action. Read our account of their open house online here.
• The League of Women Voters of the Hamptons will host a special discussion on “Judging in the Hamptons” this evening, June 19 at 7 p.m. at Bridgehampton’s Hampton Library. More details are online here.
• The North Fork Audubon Society’s Tuesdays with Tom tomorrow, June 20 will be a trip to see breeding birds at Dam Pond Preserve. Meet at Inlet Pond County Park in Greenport tomorrow morning at 8 a.m. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:02 a.m., 6:37 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:10 a.m., 5:45 p.m.
Greenport: 6:39 a.m., 7:14 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:28 a.m., 7:54 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:34 a.m., 7:09 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:01 a.m., 8:36 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:08 a.m., 8:43 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:59 a.m., 3:37 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:58 a.m., 7:27 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:06 a.m., 6:35 p.m.
Greenport: 7:35 a.m., 8:04 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:28 a.m., 8:50 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:30 a.m., 7:59 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:57 a.m., 9:26 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:04 a.m., 9:33 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:04 a.m., 4:37 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.