This Morning’s Bulletin — 6.2.16
• Today will be partly sunny, with a high near 69 degrees and an east wind around 10 miles per hour. We’re expecting patchy fog after midnight tonight, but otherwise it will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 57. Friday will be cloudy, with a high near 72 and Saturday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 80.
• June’s hiking calendar is shaping up to be a fascinating one. With National Trails Day this Saturday, Southampton Trails Preservation Society’s 30th Anniversary and Friends of the Long Pond Greenbelt’s dedication of the Richard Hendrickson Memorial Weather Station, there’s plenty to celebrate out there on the trails this month. The Beacon’s full hike listings for June are online here.
• The Hampton Theatre Company’s new production of Christopher Durang’s “Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike” continues tonight with a talk-back with the actors and director following tonight’s 7 p.m. performance. The Beacon’s review of this hilarious play is online here. The show runs through June 12.
• Riverside Rediscoverd will hold their next monthly meet-up at the Riverwoods Mobile Home Park at 525 Riverleigh Avenue in Riverside tonight, June 2 at 6:30 p.m., where the winner of the second of the group’s Riverside Five grants will be announced and attendees will have a chance to hear new grant proposals. All are welcome to attend. More information is online here.
• The Long Island Native Plant Initiative’s annual spring native plant sale begins tomorrow at Suffolk County Community College’s Eastern Campus in Riverhead, and will also be held on Saturday and on next Saturday and Sunday, June 10 & 11. More information is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss a request for quotations on downtown Riverhead and a town-owned property on Osborn Avenue at their 10 a.m. work session this morning, following an executive session on the town CSEA contract. The full agenda is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will hear a presentation on energy updates from the town’s Sustainability Committee at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will hold public hearings on CPF acquisitions and the Camp Hero Sewer District at their 6:30 p.m. meeting tonight. Their full agenda is online here.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.