This Morning’s Bulletin — 6.2.22

Good Morning!

• We’re expecting a slight chance of showers today before 8 a.m. and then again after noon, with patchy fog before 8 a.m., mostly cloudy skies and a high temperature near 74 degrees, with a light and variable wind. There’s a 70 percent chance of overnight showers, and possibly a thunderstorm, with cloudy skies and a low around 60. Skies will clear throughout the day Friday, with a 30 percent chance of showers before 2 p.m. and a high near 73. Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 74.

• Cornell Coperative Extension’s Marine Program is again holding its annual “Back to the Bays Day” this Sunday, June 5, centered on music, art, shellfish and fun, to raise awareness and funds in support of their projects, after a hiatus due to the pandemic. Here’s more info.

• The East Hampton Town Board holds numerous public hearings at its 2 p.m. meeting today, including on the town’s Community Housing Fund plans; on numerous conservation and Community Preservation Fund acquisition and management issues; on changes to energy codes for construction and on an aircraft noise easement. Here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed live on LTV’s YouTube channel.

• The potential rezoning of a long-blighted and abandoned former oyster factory on Shipyard Lane in East Marion is expected to be the subject of much public debate this month as Southold Town holds a June 7 public hearing on changing the zoning of the 18-acre property from a Marine II zoning district, which allows a wide array of marine uses, to a split zoning allowing two less-intensive uses. Here’s more info.

• The Southampton Town Board holds a special work session this morning at 11 a.m. to discuss the town’s annual financial report. Here’s more info. No Riverhead Town Board work session is scheduled today.

• The Resistance Revival Chorus, a collective of more than 60 women who join together to breathe joy and song into the resistance, and to uplift and center women’s voices, performs at East Hampton’s Cavalry Baptist Church, 60 Spinner Lane in East Hampton tomorrow evening at 7 p.m., in partnership with Guild Hall. Tickets are $55 or $49.50 for Guild Hall members and are available at

Today’s high tides are as follows:

June 2
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:18 a.m., 12:55 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:03 p.m.
Greenport: 12:55 a.m., 1:32 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:39 a.m., 2:17 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:50 a.m., 1:27 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:17 a.m., 2:54 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:24 a.m., 3:01 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:56 a.m., 11:47 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:05 a.m., 9:56 p.m.

And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.

Beth Young

Beth Young has been covering the East End since the 1990s. In her spare time, she runs around the block, tinkers with bicycles, tries not to drown in the Peconic Bay and hopes to grow the perfect tomato. You can send her a message at

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Please prove you're human: