• Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 80 degrees and a northwest wind 13 to 16 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 53. Tuesday will be sunny, with a high near 76, and Wednesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 74.
• After six months of community outreach and debate, members of Southampton Town’s Opioid Addiction Task Force presented draft recommendations for how to stem the crisis to the Southampton Town Board on June 21. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• This Month’s Peconic Dish is now online: Seize the Summer Day: Bringing out the grill for a great chicken paillard, basmati rice and pea salad, radish bruschetta and a strawberry crumble sundae.
• The No Doubt World Famous Riverhead Community Band will perform songs from “At The Movies” in a free concert this evening at 7:30 p.m. at the Pulaski Street School in Riverhead. All are welcome to attend. More details are online here.
• Loretta Davis, Executive Director of The Retreat, will lead a panel discussion on aims and resources of their programs, including their support for victims of domestic abuse, tomorrow at 4 p.m. at Peconic Landing in Greenport. Admission is free. More details are online here.
• The Democratic Congressional Primary is tomorrow. For a recap of the candidates and the issues, see our coverage of the last League of Women Voters debate between the candidates, online here.
• Today’s the last day to subscribe to our print edition to receive the July edition in your U.S. Mail box. Subscriptions are just $20 a year in Suffolk County, and are just a couple clicks away once you click here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:41 a.m., 8:56 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:49 a.m., 8:04 p.m.
Greenport: 9:18 a.m., 9:33 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:17 a.m., 10:30 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:13 a.m., 9:28 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:40 a.m., 10:55 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:47 a.m., 11:02 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:53 a.m., 6:19 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:24 a.m., 9:38 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:32 a.m., 8:46 p.m.
Greenport: 10:01 a.m., 10:15 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:03 a.m., 11:13 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:56 a.m., 10:10 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:23 a.m., 11:37 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:30 a.m., 11:44 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:41 a.m., 7:02 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.