• Today will be sunny, with a high near 89 degrees and a west wind 5 to 13 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 61. Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 87 degrees and Sunday will be sunny, with a high near 90.
• Just in time for the Fourth of July, our columnist Tim Kelly takes us on a journey through the salt of his fishing life in his column this month.
• The grand opening of the historic Lyzon Hat Shop in Hampton Bays will be held tomorrow, June 30 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., with a ribbon cutting ceremony at 12:30 p.m. and a performance by the the Long Island Sound Chorus, Sweet Adelines at 1 p.m.
• Southampton Town, Sag Harbor and North Haven Villages and the Sag Harbor Express are sponsoring a Renewable Energy Fair this Saturday, June 30 at Long Beach in Sag Harbor from 4 to 6 p.m. All are welcome to attend to learn about electric and hybrid vehicles, home alternative energy programs, the South Fork Wind Farm and septic system replacement programs.
• The Beacon’s July Summer Arts Edition is being delivered to newsstands over the next two days. Pick up a copy at one of these newsstands to support real local news.
• Our full schedule of Fourth of July parades, fireworks displays and carnivals is online here.
• Get the details on all the holiday weekend goings-on online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:36 a.m., 11:48 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:44 a.m., 10:56 p.m.
Greenport: 12:13 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:35 a.m., 1:07 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:08 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:03 a.m., 1:35 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:10 a.m., 1:42 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:49 a.m., 8:59 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:22 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:30 a.m., 11:40 p.m.
Greenport: 12:25 a.m., 12:59 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:14 a.m., 1:46 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:20 a.m., 12:54 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:47 a.m., 2:21 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:54 a.m., 2:28 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:31 a.m., 9:38 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.