• We’re expecting partly sunny skies today, with a high near 79 degrees and a southwest wind 11 to 15 miles per hour. There’s a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2 a.m. tonight, with a low around 70. Saturday will be partly sunny, with a high near 80 and a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 10 a.m. There’s a 20 percent chance of morning showers and thunderstorms Sunday, after which it will gradually become mostly sunny, with a high near 84.
• People have been farming the seas all over the world for centuries, but on the East End, aquaculture is something of a new venture. Now, seaweed could be the next thing on bay farmers’ plates. Read the story of what’s happening with the first crop of kelp in the Peconics on our sister website, The Peconic Bathtub, online here.
• Northwell Health and GoHealth Urgent Care are unveiling their newest urgent care center, a fast-track emergency room in Riverhead, in a grand opening open house celebration today from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Get the details online here.
• The Beacon’s July edition is on newsstands now! Find out where you can pick it up across the East End online here.
• The Fourth of July is just around the corner. Get the details on parades, carnivals, fireworks and other festivities online here.
• There’s plenty to do on the East End this weekend, and in the weeks ahead. Get the details in our events calendar, online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:29 a.m., 4:08 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:37 a.m., 3:16 p.m.
Greenport: 4:06 a.m., 4:45 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:02 a.m., 5:35 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:01 a.m., 4:40 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:28 a.m., 6:07 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:35 a.m., 6:14 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:47 a.m., 1:29 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:29 a.m., 5:07 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3:37 a.m., 4:15 p.m.
Greenport: 5:06 a.m., 5:44 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6 a.m., 6:31 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 5:01 a.m., 5:39 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:28 a.m., 7:06 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:35 a.m., 7:13 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:38 a.m., 2:20 p.m.
Have a Safe Holiday Weekend!