This Morning’s Bulletin — 6.5.18
• Showers are likely, with a possible thunderstorm, today after 4 p.m., but otherwise it will be partly sunny, with a high near 71 and a light west wind becoming southwest 9 to 14 miles per hour. The chance of precipitation is 60%. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 50. Wednesday will be partly sunny, with a high near 67, and Thursday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 67.
• The Audubon Society is encouraging homeowners to make their community more bird-friendly by planting native species, which help migrating avians find food and shelter. Read about how your garden can help our feathered friends in Susan Tito’s latest Gardenwise column.
• The Southold Town Board will hold a work session this morning at 9 a.m. and a regular meeting this evening at 7:30 p.m. Their agenda for both meetings is expected to be posted here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss Diversity Ambassadors from the Springs School, parking in Amagansett and the East Hampton Library’s Authors Night and Children’s Fair at 555 in Amagansett at their 10 a.m. work session at town hall this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Shelter Island Town Board will discuss short term rental regulations and dock and wetland permit applications at their 1 p.m. work session this afternoon. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board meets this afternoon at 2 p.m. No public hearings are scheduled. The list of resolutions to be voted on is here.
Today’s high tides on the East End are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:21 a.m., 4:07 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:29 a.m., 3:15 p.m.
Greenport: 3:58 a.m., 4:44 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:34 a.m., 5:10 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:53 a.m., 4:39 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:20 a.m., 6:06 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:27 a.m., 6:13 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:17 a.m., 1 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.