• Today will be cloudy, with a high near 78 degrees and showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 1 p.m. The high temperature will be near 78 degrees. Showers are likely to continue overnight, with a low around 64. There’s a 30 percent chance of showers Saturday, with patchy fog before 11 a.m., partly sunny skies and a high near 82. Sunday will be sunny, with a high near 73.
• A youth protest march is being planned for Sag Harbor at noon on Friday, June 5 from noon to 3 p.m. The protest is “a march against police injustice and systemic injustice” in support of Black Lives Matter, according to the organizers, who say that “all are welcome. Please be peaceful. Wear a mask.” Participants will meet at the John Steinbeck Memorial Park at the foot of the bridge. Rescheduled for Monday? bc of weather
• There will be a “Solidarity and Surf” event this evening at 5 p.m. at Ditch Plains in Montauk.
• Activists are also planning protests on the Great Lawn in Westhampton Beach from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday and on Sunday, June 7 from 2 to 5 p.m. at the Hook Mill in East Hampton.
• All for the East End’s “Feed the Need” campaign is teaming up with the Sag Harbor American Music Festival for “The Best Jams,” a virtual concert to support “food instability and other emerging needs resulting from the coronavirus pandemic” on Saturday, June 6 at 8 p.m. and on Sunday, June 7 at 8 p.m. on LTV, Facebook/Instagram Live and YouTube. More details are online here.
• Also, in honor of this week of rampant garden growth, we’ve got some survival tips for new vegetable gardeners out there.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:59 a.m., 10:19 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:07 a.m., 9:27 p.m.
Greenport: 10:36 a.m., 10:56 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:41 a.m., 11:56 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:31 a.m., 10:51 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:58 a.m.
South Jamesport: 12:05 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 9:16 a.m., 9:40 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:25 a.m., 7:49 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:51 a.m., 11:10 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:59 a.m., 10:18 p.m.
Greenport: 11:28 a.m., 11:47 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:32 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:23 a.m., 11:42 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:18 a.m., 12:50 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:25 a.m., 12:57 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:07 a.m., 10:28 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:16 a.m., 8:37 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.