• Two major competing art fairs are opening tonight in Bridgehampton. ArtHamptons at the Nova’s Ark Sculpture Garden on Millstone Road will be the first to open its doors for a VIP preview at 5 p.m. Art Market Hamptons opens tonight at the Bridgehampton Historical Society with receptions beginning at 6 p.m. Both fairs continue through Sunday.
• Suffolk County’s comprehensive “Learn to Be …Tobacco Free” cessation program kicks off on the East End today, with six-week classes beginning tonight from 6 to 7 p.m. at the Southampton Town Community Center at 25 Ponquogue Ave. in Hampton Bays and at the Southold Free Library on Mondays from 6 to 7 p.m. beginning July 14. The program includes educational classes, pharmaceutical support to medically-eligible participants, and continued support upon completion of the program.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss why young people are leaving Long Island and hold a discussion with members of the town’s Anti-Bias Task Force at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss garbage districts at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• Quogue Wildlife Refuge Educators who are also ACA Certified Kayak Instructors are running a kayak tour on Old Ice Pond at the refuge tomorrow afternoon from 2 to 3:30 p.m. for adults and teens 14 years old and up. More information is online here.
• Students who want to rehearse under the baton of violin virtuoso & conductor Itzhak Perlman have until July 12 to register for the free July 31 program at East End Arts in Riverhead. The program is open to any Long Island string students. Registration information is online here.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.