• We’re expecting sunny skies today, with a high temperature near 92 degrees and heat index values as high as 96, with a southwest wind 5 to 9 miles per hour. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 67. Thursday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 89 and heat index values as high as 95. We’re expecting partly sunny skies on Friday, with a high near 86 and a 60 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms.
• The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation has issued an Air Quality Alert for all of Long Island, New York City and Rockland and Westchester counties from 11 a.m. until 11 p.m. today due to high ozone levels. Here’s more info.
• The Southampton Arts Center holds its Tenth Anniversary Celebration this afternoon from 1 to 4 p.m. It’s an afternoon of interactive art exhibitions, workshops, live performances and surprises that is free and open to the public. More details are at southamptonartscenter.org.
• The Lynn Blue Band performs at Agawam Park in Southampton Village this evening at 6:30 p.m. and the Greenport Band perfoms at Silversmith’s Corner (Main Road & Youngs Ave), in Southold this evening at 7:30 p.m. The rain location is the Southold Town Recreation Center at 970 Peconic Lane.
• Rites of Spring Music Festival celebrates 50 years of vineyards on the North Fork at the Village Green, 27320 Main Road, Cutchogue. tomorrow, July 13 from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. String trios by Haydn and Schubert will be performed by Stephen Gorgone, Dan Martinez and Craig Mehler, along with samplings of local food and wine. Tickets are $75 and more details and tickets are online at ritesmusic.org.
• The Oysterponds Historical Society will host its very first Moby-Dick Reading Half-Marathon Weekend July 14 through 16, the highlight of which will be a “Half-Marathon” spanning several days of dramatic readings from Melville’s magnum opus. Read More.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:20 a.m., 6:53 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:28 a.m., 6:01 p.m.
Greenport: 6:57 a.m., 7:30 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:49 a.m., 8:11 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:52 a.m., 7:25 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:19 a.m., 8:52 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:26 a.m., 8:59 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 5:11 a.m., 5:47 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:20 a.m., 3:56 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:18 a.m., 7:44 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:26 a.m., 6:52 p.m.
Greenport: 7:55 a.m., 8:21 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:48 a.m., 9:05 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:50 a.m., 8:16 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:17 a.m., 9:43 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:24 a.m., 9:50 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:11 a.m., 6:42 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:20 a.m., 4:51 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.