• Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 80 degrees and a northeast wind around 8 miles per hour. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 61. Thursday will be partly sunny, with a high near 75. Friday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 79 degrees and a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1 p.m.
• Suffolk County reported a spike in new Covid-19 cases on Tuesday, with more than 100 people testing positive for the disease in the prior 24 hours for the first time since May 31. Here’s the latest.
• The history of Orient’s “Slaves Burying Ground” on Narrow River Road is being reexamined amid a great deal of public controversy. Read the full story.
• Northwell Health is conducting free Covid-19 antibody testing at St. Agnes R.C. Church’s Parish Center in Greenport through Friday, July 17 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. You must pre-register to get tested by calling 833.422.7369.
• The Greenport School’s Unity Garden (at 720 Front Street in Greenport) will hold its first “Free for All” Market this evening from 5 to 6:30 p.m. They will have some beets, greens, peas, their first cucumbers and lots of goodwill, along with breads and bagels donated by Blue Duck Bakery and Goldberg’s.
• The North Fork Environmental Council and North Fork Audubon will host a live Zoom discussion with Suffolk County Legislator Kara Hahn, on “The Story of Plastic” this evening, July 15 at 6:30 pm. To register for the discussion send an email to email@example.com.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:39 a.m., 7:06 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:47 a.m., 6:14 p.m.
Greenport: 7:16 a.m., 7:43 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:56 a.m., 8:12 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:11 a.m., 7:38 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:38 a.m., 9:05 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:45 a.m., 9:12 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 5:16 a.m., 5:44 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:25 a.m., 3:53 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:29 a.m., 7:50 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:37 a.m., 6:58 p.m.
Greenport: 8:06 a.m., 8:27 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:49 a.m., 9:02 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:01 a.m., 8:22 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:28 a.m., 9:49 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:35 a.m., 9:56 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:13 a.m., 6:35 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:22 a.m., 4:44 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.