• Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 83 and a calm wind becoming south 5 to 9 miles per hour in the morning. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 69 and patchy fog after 1 a.m., continuing until around 9 a.m. There’s a 20 percent of morning showers and thunderstorms before 10 a.m. Tuesday, after which it will be partly sunny, with a high near 83. There’s a 20 percent chance of afternoon showers and thunderstorms Wednesday, which otherwise will be mostly sunny, with a high near 85.
• State Assemblyman Fred Thiele will be the guest speaker at Progressive East End Reformers’ monthly meeting at the Bridgehampton National Bank’s community room tomorrow, July 18 at 6:30 p.m. All are welcome to attend. More details are online here.
• Free summer concert series continue this week on the East End, with Ray Red performing on the Montauk Green tonight at 6:30 p.m. and the Bobby Nathan Band performing at Greenport’s Mitchell Park tonight at 7:30 p.m.
• We sent our intrepid Culture Editor, Willian Sertl, to take a look at the history of the North Fork Community Theatre’s Youth On Stage program, which launches its summer production of “Thoroughly Modern Millie” this Thursday evening. Read his account online here.
• Mattituck High School’s first-ever All Class Reunion will be held this coming weekend, July 20 and 21. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:29 a.m., 5:12 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3:37 a.m., 4:20 p.m.
Greenport: 5:06 a.m., 5:49 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:01 a.m., 6:29 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 5:01 a.m., 5:44 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:28 a.m., 7:11 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:35 a.m., 7:18 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:36 a.m., 2:11 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:33 a.m., 6:11 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:41 a.m., 5:19 p.m.
Greenport: 6:10 a.m., 6:48 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:03 a.m., 7:28 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:05 a.m., 6:43 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:32 a.m., 8:10 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:39 a.m., 8:17 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:37 a.m., 3:11 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.