• We’re expecting a 30 percent chance of showers today, with thunderstorms also possible after noon. Otherwise, it’s expected to be cloudy, with a high near 77. The wind will be out of the east at 8 to 10 miles per hour. We’re expecting a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms overnight, with a low around 66. Tuesday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 78, and Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 81.
• The New York Blood Center will host a blood drive today from 1:45 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. at the Amagansett American Legion Hall at 15 Montauk Highway in Amagansett.
• The Watermill Center is kicking off its Scaler Lecture Series tomorrow, a series of six discussions with innovative voices in the arts, sciences, and humanities, many of whom will discuss the role of art in situations of social conflict. More information is online here.
• Beacon staffers created a portal to another world a couple years back, and somehow that portal has now become a Pokéstop. It’s been a wild ride. Here’s what happened.
• The Peconic Land Trust hosts a discussion on bees and beekeepers at Salt Air Farm in Cutchogue this morning at 10 a.m. More information is online here.
• The 3 Bs perform on the Montauk Green tonight at 6 p.m. and Abrazos performs at 7:30 p.m. at Mitchell Park in Greenport, as part of several free outdoor summer concerts throughout the East End this summer. Our full listings are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
MTK Hbr: 8:13 a.m., 8:39 p.m.
Orient: 9:14 a.m., 9:40 p.m.
GPT: 9:42 a.m., 10:08 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 9:37 a.m., 10:03 p.m.
S. JPT: 11:11 a.m., 11:37 p.m.
Shinn. In.: 6:36 a.m., 6:55 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 9:01 .m., 9:26 p.m.
Orient: 10:02 a.m., 10:27 p.m.
GPT: 10:30 a.m., 10:55 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 10:25 a.m., 10:50 p.m.
S. JPT: 11:59 a.m.
Shinn. In.: 7:26 a.m., 7:43 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.