This Morning’s Bulletin — 8.12.19
• Today will be sunny, with a high near 86 degrees and a southwest wind 6 to 9 miles per hour. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 70. We’re expecting showers and thunderstorms Tuesday, mainly after 11 a.m., with a high near 85 and a southwest wind 11 to 13 miles per hour. Showers and thunderstorms are likely Wednesday, mainly before 7 a.m., with mostly cloudy skies throughout the day and a high near 82.
• The Hamptons Institute will host a discussion on “Latino Immigration Issues on the East End and Beyond” this evening at 7 p.m. at Guild Hall in East Hampton. Tickets are $25. More details are online here.
• In the parks this evening, The Lone Sharks perform a free concert at the Montauk Green at 6:30 p.m. and The Vendettas perform Rockin’ Retro at Greenport’s Mitchell Park at 7:30 p.m.
• The Plastic Reduction & Elimination Project of the North Fork will meet on Wednesday, Aug. 14 at 6 p.m. at the Peconic Lane Community Center. All are welcome to come learn what they can do to help reduce plastic pollution on the North Fork.
• Southold Historical Society is opening a new exhibition titled “Slavery in Southold” this Friday, Aug. 16 at 5 p.m. and is welcoming the community to take a close look at this difficult but important period of local history. More details are online here.
• The Beacon’s Week in Review was delivered piping hot to inboxes in the wee hours of Sunday morning. To get your own copy each week, sign up here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:26 a.m., 8:45 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:34 a.m., 7:53 p.m.
Greenport: 9:03 a.m., 9:22 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:59 a.m., 10:16 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:58 a.m., 9:17 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:25 a.m., 10:44 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:32 a.m., 10:51 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:31 a.m., 7:54 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:40 a.m., 6:03 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:09 a.m., 9:28 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:17 a.m., 8:36 p.m.
Greenport: 9:46 a.m., 10:05 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:47 a.m., 11:01 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:41 a.m., 10 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:08 a.m., 11:27 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:15 a.m., 11:34 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:21 a.m., 8:39 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:30 a.m., 6:48 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.