• Today will be partly sunny, with a high near 90 degrees and a west wind 15 to 18 miles per hour, with gusts as high as 28. Tonight will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 63. Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 85, and Friday will be sunny, with a high near 88.
• There is a high risk of rip currents at ocean beaches in southeastern Suffolk County today, with wave heights between 3 and 5 feet. There is also a small craft advisory in effect on the Long Island Sound and in the Atlantic Ocean until 2 p.m. and until 3 p.m. in Block Island Sound today.
• Congressman Lee Zeldin will brief members of the public on the next phase of the Fire Island to Montauk Point project tomorrow morning, Aug. 18, at 11:30 a.m. at Westhampton Beach Village Hall, 165 Mill Road, Westhampton Beach.
• Group for the East End will host a family hunt for “Lost Ladybugs” at Downs Farm Preserve in Cutchogue this morning at 10:30 a.m. More information is online here. [Free]
• Billboard Live performs tonight at 6:30 p.m. at Agawam Park in Southampton and several young North Fork performers take to the stage at Silversmith’s Corner in Southold tonight at 7:30 p.m. as part of several free outdoor music series on the East End this summer. [Free]
• The East Hampton Trails Preservation Society hosts a sunset picnic paddle tonight at 6:30 p.m. at Northwest Harbor[Free] and the Quogue Wildlife Refuge hosts a moonlight picnic paddle on the refuge’s ice pond tonight at 7 p.m. [$30] The moon will be full tomorrow night.
• Guild Hall in East Hampton hosts a special screening of “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” tonight at 8 p.m., with a guest visit by live Stormtroopers and Sith Lords from the 501st Legion: Empire City Garrison. [$10-$12]
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
MTK Hbr: 8:54 a.m., 9:09 p.m.
Orient: 9:55 a.m., 10:10 p.m.
GPT: 10:23 a.m., 10:38 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 10:18 a.m., 10:33 p.m.
S. JPT: 11:52 a.m.
Shinn. In.: 7 a.m., 7:17 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 9:35 a.m., 9:51 p.m.
Orient: 10:36 a.m., 10:52 p.m.
GPT: 11:04 a.m., 11:20 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 10:59 a.m., 11:15 p.m.
S. JPT: 12:07 a.m., 12:33 p.m.
Shinn. In.: 7:43 a.m., 8 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.