This Morning’s Bulletin — 8.21.14
• Riverhead’s Edgar Allan Poe Festival, scheduled for this October’s Halloween weekend, is holding auditions Sept. 6 for dancers, singers, actors, stage managers, PoePeople to wonder the streets in costume, spooky storytellers to entertain the children, parade participants and behind-the-scenes people to help out in all areas. Auditions will be held at the Hyatt Place East End on East Main Street from 3 to 6 p.m. For more information, call 631.654.1888.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss their ongoing Brownfields Opportunity Area study of downtown Riverhead at their 10 a.m. work session today. Their full agenda is online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will hold 13 public hearings on land preservation matters at its 6:30 p.m. meeting tonight and is also slated to vote on its formula business legislation, which would restrict the presence of chain stores in town.. The board’s full agenda is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board is holding a special meeting at 10:30 a.m. today to vote on whether to spend just over $40,000 on upgrades to its information technology systems. Their full agenda is online here.
• Southampton Town is hosting its Kids Annual Beachcomber Clean-up Contest and Scavenger Hunt on Sun., Aug. 24 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. at Foster Memorial Beach (Long Beach) in Sag Harbor. Prizes will be awarded to the top beachcomber and scavenger hunt winner. For more information on how to participate contact Councilwoman Christine Scalera at 631 287-5745.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.