• There’s a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2 p.m. today, but otherwise it will be mostly sunny, with a high near 87 degrees and a southwest wind 7 to 9 miles per hour, becoming northwest in the morning. There’s a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms overnight, with a low around 70. Friday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 75 and a 20 percent chance of showers before 2 p.m. Saturday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 79 and a 20 percent chance of showers.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss oil and gas drilling off of Riverhead at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Here’s their agenda.
• The Southampton Town Board has cancelled their work session for this morning.
• The Quogue Wildlife Refuge is holding a chance to get up-close-and-personal with birds of prey, including two Eastern Screech Owls (red phase and grey phase), a Great Horned Owl, a Red-tailed Hawk, and a Peregrine Falcon this afternoon at 3 p.m. [$10]
• The Ecological Culture Initiative will host a free preview screening of the upcoming new documentary “Grow Food,” along with a discussion with the filmmakers, Joe Rignola and Jessica Smith, this evening at 7 p.m. at the Hampton Bays Public Library.
• The North Fork Environmental Council launches its Fall Native Plantings Challenge with an information session this evening at 6:30 at the Jamesport Meeting House. The NFEC has teamed up with local native plant wholesalers to offer participants in the challenge wholesale prices on native plants. [Free]
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:53 a.m., 1:19 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:01 a.m., 12:27 p.m.
Greenport: 1:30 a.m., 1:56 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:19 a.m., 2:38 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:25 a.m., 1:51 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:52 a.m., 3:18 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:59 a.m., 3:25 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:07 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:16 a.m., 10:35 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:33 a.m., 1:59 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:41 a.m., 1:07 p.m.
Greenport: 2:10 a.m., 2:36 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:01 a.m., 3:20 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:05 a.m., 2:31 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:32 a.m., 3:58 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:39 a.m., 4:05 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:26 a.m., 12:49 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:58 a.m., 11:23 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.