• It will be sunny today, with a high temperature near 84 degrees and a west wind 8 to 14 miles per hour, with gusts as high as 25 mph. It will be clear overnight, with a low around 55. Friday will be sunny, with a high near 80 and Saturday will be partly sunny, with a high near 81.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss a proposal to bring a hockey rink to Stotzky Park, proposed legislation for where cannabis businesses can be located in town, the town’s strategic parking plan and modifying the town’s transfer of development rights program at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed live here.
• The Ezra Gallery at 24 Long Island Avenue in Sag Harbor will hold an opening reception for “Abstract Expressions” this evening from 6 to 8 p.m. Works by Casey Chalem Anderson, Dana Little Brown, Kimberly Goff, Jane Johnson, Asia Lee, Mark Seidenfeld and Gabriele Vigorelli will be on display. Proceeds benefit the Center for Jewish Life. More info is at cfjewishlife.com.
• South Fork Wind, which is building the first offshore wind farm to power New York State in the waters 30 miles off of Montauk, will hold a virtual open house on Monday, Sept. 12 at 6 p.m. Here’s how to register.
• Suffolk County reported 391 new cases of Covid-19 on Tuesday, Aug. 30, with 7.3 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 205 people hospitalized with the virus int eh county, with 41 percent of them in ICU. The county reported four new fatalities from the virus, bringing the death toll here to 4,561 people since March of 2020.
• The Beacon’s September edition will be on newsstands later today — you’ll read much of our coverage in print before you find it here, and our print edition supports much of the work we do! Pick up a copy at any of these locations.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:37 a.m., 2:05 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:45 a.m., 1:13 p.m.
Greenport: 2:14 a.m., 2:42 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:10 a.m., 3:30 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:09 a.m., 2:37 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:36 a.m., 4:04 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:43 a.m., 4:11 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:29 a.m., 1:08 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:17 a.m., 11:31 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:24 a.m., 2:55 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:32 a.m., 2:03 p.m.
Greenport: 3:01 a.m., 3:32 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4 a.m., 4:20 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:56 a.m., 3:27 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:23 a.m., 4:54 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:30 a.m., 5:01 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:22 a.m., 2 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:09 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.