• Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 71 degrees and a northeast wind 6 to 9 miles per hour. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 55. Friday will be partly sunny, with a high near 73, and Saturday will be ostly sunny, with a high near 76.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss a proposed change of zone for Calverton Manor, a special permit for Real Life Church and changes to the town’s special events code at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Southampton Town Parks Department will give an overview of its capital projects at the Southampton Town Board’s 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will hold public hearings on several grants of scenic and conservation easements at their 6:30 p.m. meeting this evening. Their full agenda is online here.
• Greenport’s annual Maritime Festival is this weekend, and organizers of the annual Sunday morning Pirate & Mermaid Breakfast, to benefit the maritime educational Paul Drum Life Experience Project, are excited to announce that their organization is now officially a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation. More information on the annual breakfast is online here. [$15]
• A public information session and seminar for professionals on human trafficking on the East End will be held at Chancellor’s Hall at Stony Brook Southampton College next Thursday and Friday. A public information session will be held Thursday from 7 to 9 p.m., with the all-day seminar continuing on Friday. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:29 a.m., 7:49 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:37 a.m., 6:57 p.m.
Greenport: 8:06 a.m., 8:26 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:49 a.m., 9:08 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:01 a.m., 8:21 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:28 a.m., 9:48 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:35 a.m., 9:55 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:20 a.m., 6:40 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:29 a.m., 4:49 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:13 a.m., 8:31 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:21 a.m., 7:39 p.m.
Greenport: 8:50 a.m., 9:08 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:36 a.m., 9:55 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:45 a.m., 9:03 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:12 a.m., 10:30 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:19 a.m., 10:37 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:12 a.m., 7:29 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:21 a.m., 5:38 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.