• We’re expecting sunny skies today, with a high temperature near 74 degrees and a west wind 6 to 9 miles per hour. It will be clear overnight, with a low around 49. Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 72, and Friday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 70.
• The Blockbuster Movie Series at The Suffolk in Riverhead screens the new comedy “Fool’s Paradise” this evening at 7 p.m. Tickets are $15 and are available at thesuffolk.org.
• The Greater Calverton and Wading River Civic Associations will co-host a Riverhead Town Board candidate forum at Riley Avenue Elementary School in Calverton tomorrow evening at 7 p.m. It’s the first of three candidate forums organized by civic associations throughout Riverhead Town in the upcoming days. Here’s more info.
• Amy Loeb, the Executive Director of Peconic Bay Medical Center in Riverhead, will discuss the hospital’s $92 million expansion plans in a special presentation tomorrow, Sept. 21 from 6 to 7 p.m. at the Riverhead Free Library. Here’s how to register.
• Stop by the Qugoue Wildlife Refuge on Saturday, September 23rd to purchase some native plants grown and sold by the Long Island Native Plant Initiative. Plants will be sold from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM, or until sold out. Here’s more info.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:41 a.m., 1:59 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:49 a.m., 1:07 p.m.
Greenport: 2:18 a.m., 2:36 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:11 a.m., 3:23 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:13 a.m., 2:31 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:40 a.m., 3:58 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:47 a.m., 4:05 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:25 a.m., 12:54 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:03 a.m., 11:26 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:28 a.m., 2:49 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:36 a.m., 1:57 p.m.
Greenport: 3:05 a.m., 3:26 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:01 a.m., 4:14 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3 a.m., 3:21 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:27 a.m., 4:48 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:34 a.m., 4:55 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:17 a.m., 1:47 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:56 a.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.