This Morning’s Bulletin — 9.21.20
• Today will be sunny, with a high near 66 degrees and a northeast wind 10 to 16 miles per hour. It will be clear overnight, with a low around 45. Tuesday will be sunny, with a high near 71 and Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 75.
• We were down in Greenport Sunday for what turned out to be a massive caravan of Trump supporters that made their way down the North Fork. Here’s our coverage.
• Suffolk County reported 51 new cases of Covid-19 on Sunday, with .8 percent of people tested testing positive. Twenty-seven people are currently hospitalized in Suffolk with the virus, with eight in ICU. The county reported one new death on Sunday, with the death toll here now at 2,011 people since the pandemic began.
• Time is running out to fill out the U.S. Census, and its also running out to fill out Southampton Town’s housing survey. The deadline for both is Sept. 30. Get on it!
• Tomorrow is National Voter Registration Day, and the League of Women Voters will have voter registration booths at 11 locations across the East End, including post offices in Montauk, East Hampton and Cutchogue, libraries in Riverhead, Southampton and Shelter Island, at the One Stop Market and Springs General Store in Springs and at Maureen’s Haven in Riverhead and the Southampton Arts Center. New York’s deadline to register to be able to vote in this November’s election is Oct. 9.
• The Beacon’s Week in Review was delivered piping hot to inboxes throughout the East End in the wee hours of Sunday morning. To get your own copy each week, sign up here.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.