• Today will be sunny, with a high near 74 degrees and a southwest wind 9 to 11 miles per hour. Tonight will be mostly clear, with a low around 52. Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 72 and Sunday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 71.
• The North Fork Trolley starts up its pilot run this weekend, with stops between Greenport and Peconic between noon and 8 p.m. A second leg between Mattituck and Peconic is expected to open Oct. 14. Both legs are expected to continue on Saturdays through Nov. 11. Details on the stops on the first leg are online here.
• Southold Town has put together a new video outlining affordable housing issues on the North Fork. You can watch the full video online here.
• Sag Harbor’s HarborFest is this weekend. The full schedule of events is on our sister website, Peconic Bathtub.
• For the third year, the Amagansett Free Library will host a series of free conversations on Saturdays and Sundays over three weekends in September focusing on the art, artists, and cultural institutions that are important to the East End. The program begins this Saturday, Sept. 9 at 6 p.m. with a talk with artist Dan Rizzie. More details are online here.
• The Group to Save Goldsmith’s Inlet’s annual clean-up of the inlet will be held this Saturday, Sept. 9, from 8 a.m. to noon. All are welcome to come help out. More details are online here.
• The East Marion Community Association will host certified Passive House Consultant Nate Scaglione for a discussion as part of their Houstories series tomorrow, Sept. 9 at 10 a.m. at the East Marion Firehouse. All are welcome to attend.
• The annual Great East End CommUNITY picnic will also be held this Saturday, Sept. 9 at Red Creek Park in Hampton Bays from 1 to 5 p.m. More details are online here.
• For more information on events happening all over the East End this weekend, and in the weeks ahead, visit The Beacon’s events calendar, online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:58 a.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:06 a.m., 11:25 p.m.
Greenport: 12:11 a.m., 12:35 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:07 a.m., 1:28 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:06 a.m.,12:30 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:33 a.m., 1:57 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:40 a.m., 2:04 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:08 a.m., 9:29 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:17 a.m., 12:42 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:50 a.m.
Greenport: 12:54 a.m., 1:19 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:51 a.m., 2:11 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:49 a.m., 1:14 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:16 a.m., 2:41 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:23 a.m., 2:48 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:52 a.m., 10:17 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.