The Riverhead Town Board is seeking members for a new, 12-member Downtown Revitalization Advisory Committee, which will exchange ideas and implement strategies to create a long term plan to attract new business, devise innovative solutions for vacant buildings, maintain and build on downtown’s historic character and create a safe, vibrant and prosperous Main Street.
Councilwoman Catherine Kent will be the town board liaison to this committee.
“A downtown is the heart of a town and presents its image to the world,” says Ms. Kent. “Riverhead’s downtown is vital to keeping and attracting a new generation of residents to our town. With this committee, we are bringing together people of all different expertise to revitalize our area while maintaining our rural, historic charm.”
Riverhead residents who meet town board requirements are welcome to apply for a seat on this committee. Members must be 18 and older, and have one or more of the below qualifications:
• A representative from the Chamber of Commerce (purpose includes advancement of downtown)
• A representative from East End Arts (not-for-profit committed to community enrichment through the arts and education)
•Aa representative from BID or BIDMA
• An individual with experience/expertise in Marketing/Graphics
• An individual with experience/expertise in Recreation/Open Space
• An individual with experience/expertise with Construction/Construction Industry
• An individual with experience/expertise in Banking/Finance
• An individual with experience/expertise with operation of a business located within the Downtown Business area
• An individual with experience/expertise in local business which impacts/affects Downtown Area
• An individual with experience/expertise with Engineering/Planning
• An individual with experience/expertise with the Senior Community
Interested applicants should submit cover letters and resumes by close of business on April 20 to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information, call the Supervisor’s Office at 631.727.3200 ext. 654.