This Morning’s Bulletin — 4.4.18
• We’re expecting areas of drizzle before 1 p.m. today, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm between 1 and 4 p.m., then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 4 p.m., with fog in the morning and a high near 61 degrees. Winds will be out of the southwest at 15 to 24 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 30. Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 46. It will be mostly cloudy and windy Friday, with a high near 51 degrees and a 50 percent chance of rain.
• Southold Town is inviting homeowners surrounding badly eroded Hashamomuck Cove to discuss options for a special erosion taxing district for their community on Thursday, April 12 from 11 a.m. to noon in the Southold Town Hall meeting room.
• In spring, a young man’s fancy turns to baseball. Columnist Tim Kelly takes us on a trip down left field in this month’s Between the Lines.
• “Nitro Mountain” author Lee Clay Johnson will be the guest speaker at tonight’s edition of Writers Speak Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. at Stony Brook Southampton. More details are online here.
• North Fork Audubon and the North Fork Environmental Council are holding an afternoon seminar, “Making Your Lawn Healthy and Toxic Free,” next Saturday, April 14 from 1 to 3 p.m. at the Jamesport Meeting House. More details are online here.
• Canio’s Cultural Cafe’s marathon reading of John Steinbeck’s “The Winter of Our Discontent” is set for Friday, May 18 through Sunday, May 20. The Sag Harbor bookstore is looking for readers and sponsors for the event. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:03 a.m., 1:34 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:11 a.m., 12:42 p.m.
Greenport: 1:40 a.m., 2:11 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:34 a.m., 3:05 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:35 a.m., 2:06 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:02 a.m., 3:33 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:09 a.m., 3:40 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:52 a.m., 11:13 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:52 a.m., 2:24 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1 a.m., 1:32 p.m.
Greenport: 2:29 a.m., 3:01 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:18 a.m., 3:52 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:24 a.m., 2:56 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:51 a.m., 4:23 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:58 a.m., 4:30 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:40 a.m., 11:59 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.