• Today will be sunny, with a high temperature near 69 degrees and a northwest wind around 10 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 48. Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 73. Friday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 70 and a 60 percent chance of showers.
• A Sept. 25 Sweet Sixteen party at the Miller Place Inn has proven to be a “super-spreader” event for Suffolk County, with 37 people associated with the event testing positive for the virus and 270 people quarantined, including people affiliated with 35 school districts, said Suffolk County Executive Steve Bellone. Here’s our full story.
• Suffolk County reported 68 new cases of Covid-19 in the 24 hours ending Tuesday, with 1 percent of people tested testing positive. Forty-three people are currently hospitalized with the virus, a jump of five people in the past 24 hours, with seven patients in ICU. The county reported no new deaths on Tuesday, and the death toll stands at 2,017.
• Several New York State agencies have signed on to a joint proposal backing the South Fork Wind Farm’s proposed cable route through Wainscott to a substation in East Hampton. Here’s our full story.
• Southampton Town will light The Big Duck in Flanders purple in a 5:30 p.m. ceremony this evening, in honor of Emergency Nurses Week, with commentary by state, county and town officials, along with representatives from local nursing associations and emergency departments.
• The Arts Center at Duck Creek in Springs has launched “Meet Your Neighbor,” an exhibition of multimedia photography by artist Lindsay Morris, a revealing and haunting dive into the neighborhoods around us. Read our full story.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:14 a.m., 8:35 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:22 a.m., 7:43 p.m.
Greenport: 8:51 a.m., 9:12 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:45 a.m., 10:08 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:46 a.m., 9:07 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:13 a.m., 10:34 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:20 a.m., 10:41 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:27 a.m., 7:42 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:36 a.m., 5:51 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:58 a.m., 9:21 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:06 a.m., 8:29 p.m.
Greenport: 9:35 a.m., 9:58 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:34 a.m., 10:59 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:30 a.m., 9:53 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:57 a.m., 11:20 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:04 a.m., 11:27 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:17 a.m., 8:33 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:26 a.m., 6:42 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.