• Suffolk County Executive Steve Bellone and environmental leaders got together for a press conference yesterday to unveil the executive summery of the county’s Comprehensive Water Resources Management Plan, which had been in the works for several years without action by the county. The upshot of the report is that nitrogen levels in the county’s drinking and surface waters are reaching crisis levels and we must do something about it. Water we going to do?
• East Hampton is pitching a major plan for solar power to our new electric utility company, PSEG.
• There’s a whole ton of stuff to do out there this weekend. You can rock for the homeless in Riverhead, attend a live taping of the WPPB radio show “Water’s Edge in Sagaponack or discuss philosophy with Rivvy Nashama in Sag Harbor Saturday night, catch the closing weekend for Hampton Theatre Company’s production of “Heroes” in Quogue or see NFCT’s production of “Steel Magnolias” in Mattituck.
• The Giving Room in Southold is holding an open house tomorrow to celebrate their new juice bar. As part of the festivities, Brady Rymer will be giving a free concert from 2 to 4 p.m. For more information, call 631.765.6670. The Giving Room is located at 56215 Main Road in Southold.
• A whole bunch more events are listed in The Beacon’s events calendar.