• We’re looking at a flurry that could drop an inch of snow on Eastern Long Island late this afternoon. The National Weather Service says highs in the high 30s this afternoon could melt some of the snow on the ground, which could ice over and be buried under the newly fallen snow tonight. Keep calm and carry on!
• The Neo-Political Cowgirls are helping girls choreograph what they care about at Guild Hall in East Hampton this afternoon.
• Tipi Ted is going to tell kids All About Bears at the Quogue Wildlife Refuge this afternoon.
• Rockin’ for the Homeless is tonight at Riverhead’s Polish Hall. Join The Lone Sharks, Boot Scoot Boogie and Who Are Those Guys for a night of music and dancing to raise money for the John’s Place homeless shelter. Doors open at 6 p.m.
• Our inbox is open — if you’d like to send us a letter, event listing or story idea, please send an email to email@example.com.
• Don’t forget to plan your week ahead with The Beacon’s event calendar.