• We’re expecting a 30 percent chance of showers today, mainly after 4 p.m., but otherwise it will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 53 degrees and an east wind 5 to 11 miles per hour. We’re expecting showers this evening, then gradually becoming partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 40. Wednesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 55, and Thursday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 51.
• One of Long Island’s bays has seen some signs of hope this year of a comeback from rampant algal blooms, said Stony Brook University Professor Christopher Gobler at his annual State of the Bays address April 5. Read the details in our sister publication, The Peconic Bathtub.
• The Suffolk County Legislature meets at the County Center in Riverside today. Here’s a synopsis of their packed agenda.
• The Southold Town Board will discuss deer management, recycling program changes, capital projects and proposed changes to the town’s ethics code and the definition of ‘pool house’ in the zoning code at their 9 a.m. work session this morning. The board will hold public hearings on a proposed floating recreational zone and a change of zone request from RQA Properties from residential to general business use at its 7 p.m. meeting this evening. The full agenda for both meetings is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will hold public hearings on a CPF acquisition in Flanders, dangerous property conditions at two properties — one in East Quogue and one in Bridgehampton, and on retaining walls for sanitary systems at its 1 p.m. meeting this afternoon. The full agenda is online here.
• The Shelter Island Town Board will discuss short term rentals and utility issues at the American Legion Hall and the Presbyterian Church at its 1 p.m. work session this afternoon. The full agenda is online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 1 a.m., 1:36 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:08 a.m., 12:44 p.m.
Greenport: 1:37 a.m., 2:13 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:28 a.m., 3:05 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:32 a.m., 2:08 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:59 a.m., 3:35 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:06 a.m., 3:42 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:34 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:43 a.m., 10:48 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:42 a.m., 2:23 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:50 a.m., 1:31 p.m.
Greenport: 2:19 a.m., 3 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:13 a.m., 3:55 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:14 a.m., 2:55 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:41 a.m., 4:22 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:48 a.m., 4:29 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:39 a.m., 1:27 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:36 a.m., 11:43 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.