This Morning’s Bulletin — 1.9.17
• We’re expecting increasing clouds throughout the day today, with a high near 26 but wind chill values between zero and 10, with a northwest wind 7 to 9 miles per hour, becoming southwest in the afternoon. Tonight will be partly cloudy, with a temperature falling to near 21 by midnight, then rising to around 25 during the remainder of the night. There’s a 30 percent chance of rain, snow, and sleet between 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. Tuesday, turning to rain after 4 p.m. Otherwise, it will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 44. Wednesday will be mostly cloudy, with a 50 percent chance of rain before 2 p.m. and a high near 48.
• The Southampton Town Board is holding a special meeting to hold a public hearing on a draft environmental impact statement for The Hills at East Quogue Planned Development District at the East Quogue Elementary School at 6 Central Avenue tomorrow, Jan. 10 at 6 p.m.
• Bay Street Theater will present a benefit concert to raise funds for Sag Harbor’s Volunteer Ambulance and Fire Departments on Thursday, Jan. 19 at 7 p.m., featuring the music of the Nancy Atlas Project, Gene Casey and the Lone Sharks and the Hoodoo Loungers, in the wake of the major fire in the village last month. More details are online here.
• Guild Hall in East Hampton has announced this year’s Artists in Residence, including a painter, a nature filmmaker, an author, a concert pianist and the Greenport creator of The Art Bus Project. More details are online here.
• Several civic, civil rights and literary organizations throughout the East End are holding special events next week to celebrate Martin Luther King, Jr. We have more details online here.
• The Beacon’s Week in Review was delivered piping hot to inboxes throughout the East End in the wee hours of Sunday morning. To get your very own copy each week, sign up here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
MTK Hbr: 5:47 a.m., 6:10 p.m.
Orient: 6:48 a.m., 7:11 p.m.
Greenport: 7:16 a.m., 7:39 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 7:11 a.m., 7:34 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 8:38 a.m., 9:01 p.m.
S. JPT: 8:45 a.m., 9:08 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:54 a.m., 4:25 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 6:39 a.m., 7:02 p.m.
Orient: 7:40 a.m., 8:03 p.m.
Greenport: 8:08 a.m., 8:31 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 8:03 a.m., 8:26 p.m.
N. Suffolk: 9:30 a.m., 9:53 p.m.
S. JPT: 9:37 a.m., 10 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:53 a.m., 5:24 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.