• There’s a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 3 p.m. today, but otherwise it will be mostly sunny, with a high near 84. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 70. There’s a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms Saturday, but otherwise it will be partly sunny, with a high near 84. Sunday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 85.
• Researchers are planning to spend this morning conducting a necropsy on a deceased humpback whale that washed up this morning in Napeague. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation is hosting a series of meetings this summer to gather feedback from stakeholders on how to modernize and improve the state’s current commercial fishing licensing system. More details are online here.
• The annual Clothesline Art Sale—with its first ever Makers Market—will be held at Guild Hall tomorrow, Saturday, July 28, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., rain or shine, with a special preview cocktail party this evening from 5 to 7 p.m. More details are online here.
• The North Fork Animal Welfare League is planning a Petapalooza festival for July 28 to celebrate their 55th Anniversary at their Peconic animal shelter. More details are online here.
• There’s plenty to do on the East End this weekend, and in the weeks ahead. Get the details in The Beacon’s Events Calendar.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:28 a.m., 10:42 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:36 a.m., 9:50 p.m.
Greenport: 11:05 a.m., 11:19 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:02 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11 a.m., 11:14 p.m.
New Suffolk: Midnight, 12:27 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:07 a.m., 12:34 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 9:35 a.m., 9:48 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:44 a.m., 7:57 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.