• It will be mostly sunny today, with a high near 82 degrees and a calm wind becoming southeast around 6 miles per hour in the afternoon. There’s a 20 percent chance of overnight showers, but otherwise it will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 68. There’s also a 20 percent chance of showers Tuesday, with a high near 80. Wednesday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 83 and a 30 percent chance of showers.
• Beacon columnist Dave Davis is working on a new project sharing stories of hope and connection. You can read about his recent work online here.
• Fresh off his starring role in Bay Street Theatre’s production of “Frost/Nixon,” actor Harris Yulin joins forces with Mercedes Ruhle for a presentation of playwright Harold Pinter’s “Betrayal” at Guild Hall in East Hampton tonight at 8 p.m. More details are online here. [$28-$75]
• The Hampton Bays Fire Department’s summer carnival opens tomorrow night, with parade night on Wednesday, Aug. 1 at 7 p.m. More details are online here.
• Surfrider East End’s annual Surf Movie Night fundraiser will be held this Wednesday, Aug. 1 at Guild Hall in East Hampton. Tickets are $20. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:05 a.m., 12:38 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:46 a.m., 11:54 p.m.
Greenport: 12:42 a.m., 1:15 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:28 a.m., 1:55 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:37 a.m., 1:10 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:04 a.m., 2:37 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:11 a.m., 2:44 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:31 a.m., 11:38 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:40 a.m., 9:47 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:46 a.m., 1:20 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:28 p.m.
Greenport: 1:23 a.m., 1:57 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:06 a.m., 2:33 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:18 a.m., 1:52 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:45 a.m., 3:19 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:52 a.m., 3:26 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:09 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:18 a.m., 10:24 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.