• Today will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 79 and a southeast wind 3 to 8 miles per hour. We’re expecting showers and thunderstorms overnight, with heavy rain possible in areas of thunderstorms. There’s a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms Wednesday, but otherwise it will be cloudy, with a high near 82. Thursday will be partly sunny, with a high near 84.
• The Southold Town Board will discuss the infrastructure and transportation chapter of the town’s Comprehensive Plan, building length restrictions in industrial zones, the Love Lane traffic study and permitted agricultural uses at their 9 a.m. work session this morning. The board will hold public hearings on rental permits and helicopter restrictions at their 7:30 p.m. meeting this evening. Their full agenda for both meetings is online here.
• The Shelter Island Town Board will discuss a request from the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management related to wind farms, the island’s medical center and road access to the Mashomack Preserve at their 1 p.m. work session this afternoon. Their full agenda is online here.
• Tonight is Pay What You Can Night at Bay Street Theatre’s production of “Evita,” which will continue through Aug. 26. Look for our preview of the show online later this morning. More information is online here.
• The Hampton Bays Fire Department’s summer carnival opens tonight night, with parade night on Wednesday, Aug. 1 at 7 p.m. More details are online here.
• The Beacon’s August print edition is on newsstands now. Pick up a copy at one of more than 80 locations, and subscribe online here to receive the paper in your mailbox from September onward. You’ll read many stories in our print edition before you find them online here!
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:46 a.m., 1:20 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:28 p.m.
Greenport: 1:23 a.m., 1:57 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:06 a.m., 2:33 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:18 a.m., 1:52 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:45 a.m., 3:19 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:52 a.m., 3:26 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:09 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:18 a.m., 10:24 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:25 a.m., 2:01 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:33 a.m., 1:09 p.m.
Greenport: 2:02 a.m., 2:38 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:46 a.m., 3:12 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:57 a.m., 2:33 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:24 a.m., 4 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:31 a.m., 4:07 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:15 a.m., 12:47 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:56 a.m., 11:04 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.