This Morning’s Bulletin — 2.3.23
• We’re expecting sunny skies today, with the temperature falling to around 16 degrees by 5 p.m., with wind chill values between zero and 10 and a northwest wind around 23 miles per hour, with gusts as high as 37 mph. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 4 and wind chill values between -5 and -15. Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 22 but wind chill values between -5 and -15. Sunday will be partly sunny and breezy, with a high near 45.
• The Sag Harbor Fire Department at 1357 Brick Kiln Road in Sag Harbor hosts a New York Blood Center blood drive today from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Appointments are recommended and can be made online here.
• The Sag Harbor Chamber of Commerce holds its annual HarborFrost this weekend, kicking off with a party with a “winter taste of Sag Harbor” this evening at the Sag Harbor Cinema at 90 Main Street from 6 to 8 p.m. Tickets to the kickoff party are $50 or $40 for Cinema Members. HarborFrost activities begin at 10 a.m. Saturday, with ice sculpting, the Icebreaker sailing regatta, a culinary stroll, art openings, films, comedy, and Fire Dancing at Long Wharf at 5:15 p.m. followed by Grucci fireworks at 5:45 p.m. The full schedule is at sagharborchamber.com.
• The Friends of the Long Pond Greenbelt host a Full Snow Moon Hike at the South Fork Natural History Museum, 377 Bridgehampton-Sag Harbor Turnpike, Bridgehampton on Sunday, Feb. 5 at 5:30 p.m. It’s a leisurely-paced, one-hour hike through Vineyard Field’s open-field trails, followed by light refreshments and convivial conversation. Admission is free. Register via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Beacon’s February print edition is now on newsstands throughout the East End. Pick up a copy at any of these locations today — you’ll read much of our coverage in print before you find it here, and our print edition supports much of the work we do.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:19 a.m., 8:36 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:27 a.m., 7:44 p.m.
Greenport: 8:56 a.m., 9:13 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:44 a.m., 10:13 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:51 a.m., 9:08 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:18 a.m., 10:35 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:25 a.m., 10:42 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:21 a.m., 7:50 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:30 a.m., 5:59 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 9 a.m., 9:17 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:08 a.m., 8:25 p.m.
Greenport: 9:37 a.m., 9:54 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:26 a.m., 10:53 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:32 a.m., 9:49 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:59 a.m., 11:16 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:06 a.m., 11:23 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:02 a.m., 8:31 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:11 a.m., 6:40 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.