• It will be sunny today, with a high temperature near 44 degrees but wind chill values between 20 and 30, with a northwest wind 7 to 13 miles per hour. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 29. Thanksgiving Day will be mostly sunny, with a high near 53. There’s a 50 percent chance of showers before 4 p.m. Friday, with mostly cloudy skies and a high near 49.
• Pedal Share, the Suffolk County bike sharing program that is spreading across the county and may soon expand to Nassau, could be coming to locations in Southold Town as well. Read More.
• The Mattituck-Cutchogue Athletic Booster Club’s Turkey Trot 5K is on live Thanksgiving morning at 9 a.m., kicking off from the corner of Reeve Avenue and the Main Road in Mattituck. The entry fee is $15 for Mattituck-Cutchogue students and $25 for non students. Registration begins at 7:30 a.m. at Mattituck Junior/Senior High School. Here’s how to register.
• Friends of the Long Pond Greenbelt will host their annual Walk it Off Walk at the South Fork Natural History Museum, 377 Bridgehampton-Sag Harbor Turnpike on Friday at 10 a.m. Walk off your Thanksgiving dinner with amazing views of Round Pond, Long Pond, and Little Long Pond. Register by calling 631.537.9735 or emailing email@example.com.
• The annual Country Parlor Holiday Folk Art & Gift Show at Hallockville Museum Farm, 6038 Sound Ave. in Riverhead begins on Friday, Nov. 26, and runs through Nov. 28 and on Dec. 4 & 5 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. (The show opens at 9 a.m. Nov. 26) All items are handmade by local artisans and craftspeople. Find out more here.
• The 12th Annual Shelter Island Turkey Plunge, which raises funds for the Shelter Island Library, returns better than ever this Saturday, Nov. 27 at 11 a.m. at Crescent Beach, rain, snow or shine. Here’s more info.
• Holiday light-ups begin this weekend across the East End, with the traditional lighting of the Montauk Lighthouse and Southampton’s Parade of Lights on Saturday, and the first day of Hanukkah on Sunday. Here are our upcoming holiday light-up listings.
• The Morning Bulletin will be off for the rest of the week — stay tuned to our website for breaking news, and we’ll be back on Monday, Nov. 29. Have a very happy Thanksgiving!
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:55 a.m., 1:02 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:03 a.m., 12:10 p.m.
Greenport: 1:32 a.m., 1:39 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:11 a.m., 2:15 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:27 a.m., 1:34 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:54 a.m., 3:01 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:01 a.m., 3:08 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:36 a.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:45 a.m., 10:48 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:47 a.m., 1:51 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:55 a.m., 12:59 p.m.
Greenport: 2:24 a.m., 2:28 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:58 a.m., 3:04 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:19 a.m., 2:23 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:46 a.m., 3:50 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:53 a.m., 3:57 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:39 a.m., 12:25 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:34 a.m., 11:37 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.