• Skies will clear throughout the day today, with a high temperature near 83 degrees, with anNorth wind around 6 miles per hour, becoming southwest in the afternoon. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 61. Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 83. There’s a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 3 p.m. Friday, mostly sunny skies and a high near 84.
• As South Fork towns rely on coastal erosion taxing districts and put in place stopgap measures to protect the ocean coastline from more frequent storms and rising seas, lawmakers on the North Fork are coming to terms with what can be done to fortify their shorelines. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• After months of debate over the best place to site a new PSEG-Long Island electric substation in Montauk, the utility has proposed a new site at high elevation on Shore Road, adjacent to an existing energy storage battery facility. East Hampton Town Supervisor Peter Van Scoyoc applauds the move.
• Tomorrow evening, the Westhampton Beach Performing Arts Center welcomes the talented young musicians of Pianofest in the Hamptons to its stage for the first time. More details are online here.
• New York State has declared July 7 through 13 to be Invasive Species Awareness Week. Southampton Town, Cornell Cooperative Extension and the Long Island Invasive Species Management Area are sponsoring a full week of free programs to celebrate. More details are online here.
• A second annual Walk for Interdependence will be held in Sag Harbor on Sunday, July 14 at 3 p.m. to highlight the importance of keeping immigrant families together after they cross the U.S. border. All are welcome to attend.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:27 a.m., 6:05 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:35 a.m., 5:13 p.m.
Greenport: 6:04 a.m., 6:42 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:40 a.m., 7:06 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 5:59 a.m., 6:37 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:26 a.m., 8:04 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:33 a.m., 8:11 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 4:03 a.m., 4:39 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:12 a.m., 2:48 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:20 a.m., 6:51 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:28 a.m., 5:59 p.m.
Greenport: 6:57 a.m., 7:28 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:34 a.m., 7:55 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:52 a.m., 7:23 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:19 a.m., 8:50 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:26 a.m., 8:57 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 4:53 a.m., 5:27 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:02 a.m., 3:36 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.