• We’re expecting increasing clouds throughout the day today, with a high near 43 degrees. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 26. Thursday will be partly sunny, with a high near 52. There’s a 70 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms Friday, with a high near 56.
• This month in Michael Daly’s The Homestead column: We’re out of whack, people. Greed has gotten the better of us and we don’t take care of our own anymore. Read it online here.
• Our columnist Tim Kelly has a special relationship with the Emerald Isle, which he recently discovered is oh-so-much deeper with the help of a DNA kit. Read his March Between the Lines column.
• The Long Island Regional Seed Consortium is holding a special forum on “The Challenges and Potential of Biodiversity” this Saturday, March 16 at 6 p.m. at the Long Island Buddhist Meditation Center at the former Northville Grange Hall. Local panelists will discuss the challenges facing the natural and agricultural world. More details are online here.
• The Neo-Political Cowgirls’ production of ZIMA at the Quogue Wildlife Refuge, originally scheduled for two weekends ago but postponed due to rain, has been rescheduled for Sunday, March 24 at 1 p.m. Tickets are $25 for adults and $15 for those under 18 years of age. More details and ticket information is online here.
• The Sag Harbor Cinema Arts Center is presenting the bizarre pre-code film “Gabriel Over the White House,” about a recently elected American president and hack whose erratic behavior leads to impeachment proceedings, this Sunday, March 17 at 3 p.m. at Pierson High School. “The good news: He reduces unemployment, lifts the country out of Depression, battles gangsters and Congress, and brings about world peace. The bad news: he’s Mussolini.” Tickets are $15. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 3 a.m., 3:38 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:08 a.m., 2:46 p.m.
Greenport: 3:37 a.m., 4:15 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:27 a.m., 5:10 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:32 a.m., 4:10 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:59 a.m., 5:37 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:06 a.m., 5:44 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:54 a.m., 2:36 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:03 a.m., 12:45 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:01 a.m., 4:43 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3:09 a.m., 3:51 p.m.
Greenport: 4:38 a.m., 5:20 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:24 a.m., 6:12 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:33 a.m., 5:15 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6 a.m., 6:42 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:07 a.m., 6:49 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:51 a.m., 3:37 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1 a.m., 1:46 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.