This Morning’s Bulletin — 12.8.21
• There’s a 40 percent chance of rain today, mainly after 11 a.m., with cloudy skies and a high temperature near 43 degrees, with light and variable winds becoming north 5 to 7 miles per hour. There’s a slight chance of rain and snow overnight, with gradually clearing skies and a low temperature around 28, with wind chill values between 15 and 20. We’re expecting increasing clouds on Thursday, with a high near 42. Friday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 49.
• New York Governor Kathy Hochul has signed new legislation allowing kelp cultivation in underwater lands at Gardiner’s Bay and Peconic Bays. Read More.
• East Hampton Town has added new dates in late December and January to its Covid-19 vaccination clinics at town hall. First, second and booster doses of all three vaccines will be offered. Here’s where to sign up.
• The Long Island Commission for Aquifer Protection (LICAP) will hold a virtual public hearing to solicit public comment on its 2021 State of the Aquifer Report update this evening at 5:30 p.m.. The draft 2021 SOTA is available for review at www.LICAPonline.com. Here’s the hearing link: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/85879152750.
• The North Fork Environmental will hold a Zoom discussion this evening at 6:30 p.m. with participants in a new Long Island Sound water testing program. Read More.
• “Circles of trust” have long intrigued Beacon columnist Dave Davis, who revisits this concept in this month’s edition of Dave’s Desk@Ditch.
• How do you picture your inner spiritual life? How might you paint it? Celebrate the season with the Pollock-Krasner House & Study Center in a free Zoom session this afternoon from 3 to 4:15 p.m., working alongside Joyce Raimondo as you paint or draw your own vision of what divinity looks like to you. Here’s where to register.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:24 a.m., 12:50 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:58 a.m.
Greenport: 1:01 a.m., 1:27 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2 a.m., 2:21 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:56 a.m., 1:22 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:23 a.m., 2:49 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:30 a.m., 2:56 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:06 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:15 a.m., 10:54 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:25 a.m., 1:50 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:33 a.m., 12:58 p.m.
Greenport: 2:02 a.m., 2:27 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:58 a.m., 3:21 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:57 a.m., 2:22 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:24 a.m., 3:49 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:31 a.m., 3:56 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:45 a.m., 1:04 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:13 a.m., 11:53 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.