• We’re expecting rain today, mainly before 11 a.m., with a high temperature near 55 degrees and an east wind 9 to 16 miles per hour, becoming west. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 32. Thursday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 48 and Friday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 47.
• The Amagansett American Legion at 15 Montauk Highway in Amagansett hosts a New York Blood Center blood drive from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. today. Appointments are recommended and can be made online here.
• The Heart of Riverhead Civic Association will present “An Introduction to Neighborhood Watch” with Riverhead Police Lt. Jonathan Devereaux this evening at 6 p.m. to at Riverhead Library. The public is welcome to attend. Here’s more info.
• The North Fork Project team has assembled a database with over 1,700 records pertaining to the enslaved, free, and people of color — including the Indigenous peoples — who have lived on the North Fork. The team will present its findings in a special presentation at the Jamesport Meeting House this evening at 7 p.m.. Here’s more info.
• The Seatuck Environmental Association holds a Zoom lecture on “Terrestrial Mammals of Long Island,” this evening at 7 p.m. Here’s more info.
• CAST, the Center for Advocacy, Support & Transformation on the North Fork, will hold its third annual North Fork Festival of Trees this weekend, Nov. 19 and 20, at Treiber Farms, 38320 County Road 48 in Peconic. Here’s more info.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:37 a.m., 3:56 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:45 a.m., 3:04 p.m.
Greenport: 4:14 a.m., 4:33 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:44 a.m., 4:59 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:09 a.m., 4:28 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:36 a.m., 5:55 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:43 a.m., 6:02 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:26 a.m., 2:21 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:35 a.m., 12:30 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:36 a.m., 4:52 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3:44 a.m., 4 p.m.
Greenport: 5:13 a.m., 5:29 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:38 a.m., 5:55 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 5:08 a.m., 5:24 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:35 a.m., 6:51 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:42 a.m., 6:58 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 3:16 a.m., 3:13 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:25 a.m., 1:22 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.