• We’re expecting sunny skies today, with a high temperature near 76 degrees and a northeast wind 8 to 10 miles per hour, becoming east in the afternoon. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 60. Thursday will be partly sunny, with a high near 75 and a 20 percent chance of showers after 2 p.m. We’re expecting showers and possibly a thunderstorm before 8 a.m. Friday, then a chance of showers after 2 p.m., with mostly sunny skies and a high near 85.
• East End YIMBY will host Dave Gallo of Georgica Green Ventures and co-developer Rona Smith of Housing Initiatives, LLC for a Zoom discussion this afternoon at 3:30 p.m. todiscuss plans for Cutchogue Woods, a proposed 24-unit community housing development on Route 48 in Cutchogue. Here’s how to register.
• The Long Island Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association will hold a Zoom discussion this evening at 6:30 p.m. on the effects of Covid-19 on the brain, the aging process, and on communities of color. Here’s more info.
• New York Sea Grant will give a presentation on “Support for Long Island Sound Communities: Resilience Planning and Projects in the Age of Sea Level Rise and Extreme Events” next Thursday, June 23 at 6:30 p.m. at the Southold Recreation Center at 970 Peconic Lane in Peconic. All are welcome. Here are more details.
• The Mattituck Lions Club’s 67th Annual Strawberry Festival kicks off this evening at 5 p.m. with Hulling Night, during which the community gets together to hull strawberries for the five-day event, which runs through Sunday, June 19. There is no entrance admission this evening, though there is a fee for rides and refreshments. Here’s the full schedule of events.
• Juneteenth Day will be celebrated in Southampton’s Agawam Park this Saturday, June 18 (a day ahead of the actual holiday, June 19), beginning at 10 a.m., with resources, entertainment, vendors, speakers and food. Admission is free and all are welcome.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:06 a.m., 11:27 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:14 a.m., 10:35 p.m.
Greenport: 11:43 a.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:08 a.m., 12:48 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:38 a.m., 11:59 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:31 a.m., 1:05 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:38 a.m., 1:12 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:22 a.m., 10:43 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet:8:31 a.m., 8:52 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:02 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:10 a.m., 11:32 p.m.
Greenport: 12:04 a.m., 12:39 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:02 a.m., 1:42 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:34 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:26 a.m., 2:01 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:33 a.m., 2:08 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:19 a.m., 11:39 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:28 a.m., 9:48 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.