• It will be sunny today, with a high near 73 degrees and light and variable wind becoming south 5 to 8 miles per hour in the afternoon. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 59. Wednesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 75. Showers and thunderstorms are likely Thursday, with a high near 78 and a south wind 15 to 20 miles per hour.
• The East End’s Democratic Congressional Primary is today. For a recap of the candidates and the issues, see our coverage of the last League of Women Voters debate between the candidates, online here.
• Residents of Northville are up in arms this month over a proposal by United Riverhead Terminal, Inc., the owners of a home heating oil tank farm and terminal on the Long Island Sound in Northville to build six new biofuel tanks, an expansion of a non-conforming use that has been in a residential zone for 63 years. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• Tonight is pay-what-you-can night in previews for Bay Street Theatre’s new production of “Frost/Nixon,” the dramatization of British journalist David Frost’s famous interviews with the disgraced former president. Look for our preview of the play on our website later today. More details are online here.
• Loretta Davis, Executive Director of The Retreat, will lead a panel discussion on aims and resources of their programs, including their support for victims of domestic abuse, this evening at 4 p.m. at Peconic Landing in Greenport. Admission is free. More details are online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will hold public hearings on removing a stop sign and prohibiting left turns at the intersection of Scuttle Hole Road and Millstone Road, and on excluding trucks weighing more than 10,000 pounds from River Road in Eastport at their 6 p.m. meeting this evening. Their full agenda is online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:24 a.m., 9:38 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:32 a.m., 8:46 p.m.
Greenport: 10:01 a.m., 10:15 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:03 a.m., 11:13 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:56 a.m., 10:10 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:23 a.m., 11:37 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:30 a.m., 11:44 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:41 a.m., 7:02 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:07 a.m., 10:20 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:15 a.m., 9:28 p.m.
Greenport: 10:44 a.m., 10:57 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:46 a.m., 11:55 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:39 a.m., 10:52 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:06 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:13 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:25 a.m., 7:42 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.