This Morning’s Bulletin — 1.24.22
• It will be mostly sunny today, with a high temperature near 35 degrees but wind chill values between 15 and 25, with a north wind around 6 miles per hour, becoming calm in the afternoon. There’s a 20 percent chance of snow showers between 8 p.m. and 2 a.m., with increasing clouds overnight and a low around 27. Tuesday will be partly sunny, with a high near 40 and Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 24.
• The Hampton Bays Civic Association will discuss a potential integrated parking system with representatives from Southampton Town at its 7 p.m. virtual monthly meeting this evening at 7 p.m. Here’s how to register.
• The East Hampton Lions Club will host a New York Blood Center blood drive from 11:45 a.m. to 7:45 p.m. today at the Amagansett American Legion Hall at 15 Montauk Highway in Amagansett. Blood banks are at historically low levels now due to a drop-off in donations during the pandemic. Appointments are recommended, and can be made online here.
• Suffolk County reported 1,170 new cases of Covid-19 on Saturday, Jan. 22, with 10 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 748 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 119 of them in ICU. The county reported 11 new fatalities from the virus, bringing the death toll here to 4,118 people since March of 2020.
• The Bridgehampton Child Care & Recreation Center will host a Zoom presentation on “Opiates, Overdose & Narcan: What You Need to Know to Save A Life” tomorrow, Jan. 25 at 7 p.m. Here’s how to sign in.
• The Beacon’s Week in Review was delivered piping hot to inboxes throughout the East End in the wee hours of Sunday morning. To get your own copy delivered to your inbox each week, sign up here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:54 a.m., 3:13 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:02 a.m., 2:21 p.m.
Greenport: 3:31 a.m., 3:50 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:16 a.m., 4:48 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:26 a.m., 3:45 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:53 a.m., 5:12 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5 a.m, 5:19 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:56 a.m., 2:07 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:05 a.m., 12:16 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:55 a.m., 4:21 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3:03 a.m., 3:29 p.m.
Greenport: 4:32 a.m., 4:58 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:14 a.m., 5:52 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:27 a.m., 4:53 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:54 a.m., 6:20 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:01 a.m., 6:27 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:52 a.m., 3:10 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:01 a.m., 1:19 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.