This Morning’s Bulletin — 1.25.22
• There’s a 20 percent chance of snow showers before 10 a.m. today, with partly sunny skies and a high near 44 degrees, with a west wind 5 to 11 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 16. Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 25 and Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 30.
• Suffolk County reported 788 new cases of Covie-19 on Sunday, Jan. 23, with 10 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 729 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 118 of them in ICU. The county reported nine new fatalities from the virus, bringing the death toll here to 4,127 people since March of 2020.
• The Southampton Fire Department at 470 Hampton Road in Southampton hosts a New York Blood Center blood drive this afternoon from noon to 6 p.m. Appointments are recommended and can be made online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will hold a public hearing at its 1 p.m. meeting this afternoon on proposed changes to the Planned Development District at the Canoe Place Inn in Hampton Bays. Here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed live here.
• The Shelter Island Town Board will give an update on the town’s comprehensive plan and wastewater treatment at its 1 p.m. work session this afternoon. Here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed live here.
• The Riverhead Town Board is slated to receive a giant check for the $10 million New York State grant the town recently received from the governor’s office at a noon press conference today. We may or may not post a photo of this later.
• Today is the last day to subscribe to receive the February issue of our monthly print edition via U.S. Mail. You’ll read many of our stories in print before you find them here, and our print edition supports much of the work we do! Subscribe online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:55 a.m., 4:21 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3:03 a.m., 3:29 p.m.
Greenport: 4:32 a.m., 4:58 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:14 a.m., 5:52 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:27 a.m., 4:53 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:54 a.m., 6:20 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:01 a.m., 6:27 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:52 a.m., 3:10 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:01 a.m., 1:19 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:58 a.m., 5:27 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:06 a.m., 4:35 p.m.
Greenport: 5:35 a.m., 6:04 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:16 a.m., 6:58 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 5:30 a.m., 5:59 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:57 a.m., 7:26 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:04 a.m., 7:33 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 3:53 a.m., 4:19 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:02 a.m., 2:28 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.