• Today will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 40 degrees, with wind chill values between 20 and 30 and a light west wind. It will be cloudy this evening, then gradually clearing, with a low around 23. Tuesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 41 and Wednesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
• Teachers, first responders, public safety and transit workers, along with those ages 75 and up, can begin to receive the Covid-19 vaccine today. Here’s the latest from New York State.
• Suffolk County reported 1,732 new cases of Covid-19 in the 24 hours ending Sunday, with 9.6 percent of people tested testing positive. There are currently 787 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 134 in intensive care. Twenty-three percent of hospital beds in the county are currently available. The county reported 15 new deaths from the virus on Sunday, bringing the death toll here to 2,453 people.
• The Immaculate Conception R.C. Church at 580 Main Street in Westhampton Beach is hosting a New York Blood Center blood drive this afternoon and evening from 2 to 8 p.m. Appointments are recommended, online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will accept public comments on the latest draft of its agreements to allow the cable from the South Fork Wind Farm to be placed under town roads at its Tuesday, Jan. 12 work session. Here are more details.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:51 a.m., 8:16 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:59 a.m., 7:24 p.m.
Greenport: 8:28 a.m., 8:53 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:23 a.m., 9:59 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:23 a.m., 8:48 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:50 a.m., 10:15 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:57 a.m., 10:22 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:08 a.m., 7:35 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:17 a.m., 5:44 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:41 a.m., 9:06 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:49 a.m., 8:14 p.m.
Greenport: 9:18 a.m., 9:43 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:16 a.m., 10:50 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:13 a.m., 9:38 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:40 a.m., 11:05 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:47 a.m., 11:12 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8 a.m., 8:28 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:09 a.m., 6:37 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.