This Morning’s Bulletin — 1.11.22
• It will be sunny and cold today, with a high near 20 degrees but wind chill values between zero and 10, with a northwest wind 10 to 16 miles per hour. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with the temperature falling to near 12 by 8 p.m., then rising to around 19 during the remainder of the night. Wednesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 39 and Thursday will be partly sunny, with a high near 41.
• Suffolk County reported 3,286 new cases of Covid-19 on Sunday, Jan. 9, with 24.1 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 945 people hospitalized who have the virus, with 118 of them in ICU. The county reported 10 new fatalities on Sunday.
• The Greenport American Legion Roller Rink at 102 Third Street in Greenport will hold a New York Blood Center blood drive this afternoon and evening from 1 to 7 p.m. Blood is urgently needed as donations have fallen off dramatically during the pandemic. To make an appointment, register online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will hold public hearings on a zone change to facilitate the building of 104 units of affordable rental housing on a 17-acre parcel in Quiogue, along with hearings on designating the Corwith-Jones Farmhouse in Water Mill as a historic landmark, raising the income eligibility for senior tax exemptions and on several CPF and water quality property acquisitions. Here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed live here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss beach operations recommendations for 2022 and an emergency communications update at its 11 a.m. work session this morning. Here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed live on LTV’s YouTube channel.
• The Mattituck-Cutchogue School District will host a forum regarding the district’s Five-Year Plan/Capital Reserve Projects tomorrow, Jan. 12, at 9:30 a.m., at Mattituck High School Library, 15125 Main Road in Mattituck.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:57 a.m., 5:20 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:05 a.m., 4:28 p.m.
Greenport: 5:34 a.m., 5:57 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:12 a.m., 6:46 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 5:29 a.m., 5:52 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:56 a.m., 7:19 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:03 a.m., 7:26 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 3:46 a.m., 4:03 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:55 a.m., 2:12 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:50 a.m., 6:14 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:58 a.m., 5:22 p.m.
Greenport: 6:27 a.m., 6:51 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:05 a.m., 7:41 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:22 a.m., 6:46 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:49 a.m., 8:13 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:56 a.m., 8:20 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 4:37 a.m., 4:59 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:46 a.m., 3:08 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.