This Morning’s Bulletin — 1.13.22
• We’re expecting increasing clouds today, with a high temperature near 45 degrees but wind chill values between 20 and 30 early. It will be cloudy overnight, with a steady temperature around 36. Friday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 41. We’re expecting increasing clouds and cold on Saturday, with a high near 20 and a north wind around 15 miles per hour, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
• Suffolk County reported 3,942 new cases of Covid-19 on Tuesday, Jan. 11, with 20.7 percent of people tested testing positive — this is the third day in a row that the positivity rate has been below 25 percent, after it had been above 25 percent since the beginning of the new year. There were 1,041 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 171 of them in ICU. The county reported 17 new fatalities from the virus, bringing the death toll here to 3,962 people since March of 2020.
• Stony Brook Eastern Long Island Hospital and Stony Brook Southampton Hospital Are Hiring for numerous positions, including nursing, laboratory and social work. The hospitals are holding a Zoom job fair on Tuesday, Jan. 18 from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., where they will provide more details about the positions available. Register online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss its December crime report and updates on downtown revitalization efforts at its 10 a.m. work session this morning. Here’s the agenda and the meeting can be viewed live here.
• The Southampton Town Board’s work session for this morning has been cancelled.
• The Parrish Art Museum in Water Mill hosts a discussion with Shinnecock Nation artist Jeremy Dennis about an artist residency and postcard workshop project he created to draw attention to sacred lands in the Shinnecock Hills tomorrow, Friday, Jan. 14 at 6 p.m. Here’s more info.
• Southold Town will hold an American Heart Association CPR training class on Saturday, Jan. 22 at 10 a.m. at the town Recreation Center on Peconic Lane. Here’s more info.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:39 a.m., 7:02 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:47 a.m., 6:10 p.m.
Greenport: 7:16 a.m., 7:39 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:56 a.m., 8:31 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:11 a.m., 7:34 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:38 a.m., 9:01 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:45 a.m., 9:08 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 5:29 a.m., 5:56 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:38 a.m., 4:05 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:23 a.m., 7:45 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:31 a.m., 6:53 p.m.
Greenport: 8 a.m., 8:22 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:44 a.m., 9:18 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:55 a.m., 8:17 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:22 a.m., 9:44 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:29 a.m., 9:51 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:19 a.m., 6:48 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:28 a.m., 4:57 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.