This Morning’s Bulletin — 1.19.14
• The New York State DEC has hatched a plan to kill or capture all the swans in the state by the year 2025. Really. More info here.
• Martin Luther King Day celebrations across the East End begin today with the Southold Town Anti-Bias Task Force’s annual service, titled “Rise Up and Restore the Dream,” today at the Orient Congregational Church at 4 p.m. Information on this and other services is available here.
• If you’re in a romantic mood today, head down to the Amagansett Library at 2 p.m. to hear Jerome Kern’s work as part of the library’s series on The Hollywood Songbook. In Riverhead, Daniel Baer will be performing at 2 p.m. as part of the Piano Plus series at the Riverhead Free Library. Guild Hall in East Hampton will host a free screening of “Teddy Bear” at 4:30 p.m. as part of their winter film series in conjunction with the East Hampton Library.
• If you want to be kept in the know with The Beacon’s Week In Review, delivered via email in the wee hours of Sunday mornings, you can add your name to the mailing list here.
• Here’s this week’s Week in Review, in case you missed it. Enjoy your Sunday!